Thursday, April 06, 2006

I am a new (bloggeress? blogger-girl? um...). I have to give this thing some thought... because I'm not good at diaries (seems like this could be likened to one...) since I'm terrible at writing about me.

So, I'll solve that problem in a simple manner! I'm a writer (more about me? oh...) and the current work I am engrossed in is about--don't you just hate it when people go off subject? Well, a forewarning, I do that a lot. Anyway, back on point? I mean, it isn't like many people are going to read this anyway, so I have no problem rambling endlessly.

Right now I call my novel "The Nettie Novel" because it lacks a title at the moment. I don't title things 'till the end or else I find myself trying to write around the title which gets really buggy sometimes. I always used to get really mad when I'd think of a cool title for a book and then try to write a story to go along with it... then the story would suck horribly and the title would be catching and cool.

So I stopped with the titles, and when I speak of my current work, I'll probably say something weird like "such happened in my Nettie book" or something and you (if "you" are reading this) can ignore me completely. My Nettie book is crazy cool though! (To me...).

Nettie is fifteen and goes to school at a Boarding School. She's gone there ten months out of every year since she was four years old. I can't figure out if my story would be a fantasy/mystery or a science fiction/mystery, or a combination of all of it, but at least I know its a mystery. It takes place in my own universe but has all those wonderful technological innovations that we have here on earth, so it's pretty cool.

Nettie's a clumsy student at the school--but not just A clumsy student... she's pretty much the clumsiest person you could ever meet which makes it so fun to play her character. Because she's so clumsy, she stumbles across a lot of things she shouldn't, and gets herself into trouble that she never would have had to deal with otherwise. She's paired with a perfectionist named Percival for a class project. Percival is--despite his kind of nerdy name--is extremely athletic and just never ever fails at anything.

Because of--can't exactly say why or I'd give away some things in the book and you want to read it, I know you do!--certain complications... yeah... that's a good excuse... Percival has a very evil guy who is out to chop him up, box him up, and ship him to his parents. Nettie--due to the fact that she was paired with Percival for this project--ends up getting involved in the nasty scheme of the evil antagonist and it's just so exciting. I love playing Percival too. He's ... serious. More sometime... if I remember I have started this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacie Penney said...

Welcome to blogging!

6/4/06 11:48 AM  
Blogger Bethany K. Warner said...

Yes, welcome. And can you make the type bigger?

6/4/06 12:05 PM  
Blogger Prime Looper said...

Rumor has it Anthony Burgess wrote the words "A Clockwork Orange" on his first page as the title of a book and then thought up a story to go with it. That seemed to work out for him okay :-) So don't sweat the title ;-)

I'm Jim - I was at the April 1st OAWC meeting (my first meeting) and I was sitting across from you (and I read about your blog from the OAWC yahoo group - just fyi). Keep up the writing!

6/4/06 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home