Once more
Once more I've changed things a bit in the Nettie Novel. I know, those weirdos who actually read the stuff I put here (or don't put here) are probably not surprised in the slightest. But that's okay, because Nettie Novel gets better every day that I find time to work on it with all the other writing projects (or as some people would call them, "problems", though I don't consider writing as problematic in the slightest) I have going on.
So, the new news (or old news depending on how you look at things) is that Nettie (Natalie Garson), Anne (Annaisuka Bristol), and Kat (Katherine deWinter) are still in the book. Percival White, who I talked about briefly in another of the postings about this, is still in the story. I don't know if I mentioned John Ruben or Henry Wilkens yet, but they are Percival's two best friends and they keep him insane, so it works out well any way you look at it.
As for more news about it, the new antagonist for the Nettie Novel seems to be (or at least the head honcho for the evil bad guys) the person who is creating machines that can be used to splice a living creature's DNA with another entity.
I'm really glad how it's going so far, since things are coming together so nicely and I'm not even at 30,000 words. The plot is coming out at a safe trickle, and none of the main characters are dead yet (though I had to delete several of my recent pages which included a character death that just wasn't working out for me). Normally I get to 100,000 words and realize, "I'm sure some poor reader wants to know what the heck is going on here," and only then start to hint at things.
Nope, now I'm doing really well. I've brought out questions, and slowly the reader can piece together a little bit of the story without the characters knowing much of anything, but still more questions are being raised.
However, in November, Nettie Novel will be put on a slow simmer on the back burner of my Writer's Stove, since NaNoWriMo is coming up and I made a bet with a friend of mine. Well, not really a bet, more as a challenge. We're both participating in NaNoWriMo and when we win, we'll read each other's crap stories.
NaNoWriMo is a load of fun, but I also anticipate being sick through December because of November, so Nettie Novel may not be picked up again until January, since aside from work and NaNoWriMo in November, I also am taking a class at a local school, so there's really no time at all for me to sleep/eat/live during that month. Thus the anticipation of sickness in December. And I know from experience (I participated in NaNoWriMo last year) that I most definitely probably will be sick.
So there you have it. I randomly felt like updating, and I don't actually sound like some sort of crazy, insane person. I simply "sound". Maybe not even that much.
More -- whenever.
-James
So, the new news (or old news depending on how you look at things) is that Nettie (Natalie Garson), Anne (Annaisuka Bristol), and Kat (Katherine deWinter) are still in the book. Percival White, who I talked about briefly in another of the postings about this, is still in the story. I don't know if I mentioned John Ruben or Henry Wilkens yet, but they are Percival's two best friends and they keep him insane, so it works out well any way you look at it.
As for more news about it, the new antagonist for the Nettie Novel seems to be (or at least the head honcho for the evil bad guys) the person who is creating machines that can be used to splice a living creature's DNA with another entity.
I'm really glad how it's going so far, since things are coming together so nicely and I'm not even at 30,000 words. The plot is coming out at a safe trickle, and none of the main characters are dead yet (though I had to delete several of my recent pages which included a character death that just wasn't working out for me). Normally I get to 100,000 words and realize, "I'm sure some poor reader wants to know what the heck is going on here," and only then start to hint at things.
Nope, now I'm doing really well. I've brought out questions, and slowly the reader can piece together a little bit of the story without the characters knowing much of anything, but still more questions are being raised.
However, in November, Nettie Novel will be put on a slow simmer on the back burner of my Writer's Stove, since NaNoWriMo is coming up and I made a bet with a friend of mine. Well, not really a bet, more as a challenge. We're both participating in NaNoWriMo and when we win, we'll read each other's crap stories.
NaNoWriMo is a load of fun, but I also anticipate being sick through December because of November, so Nettie Novel may not be picked up again until January, since aside from work and NaNoWriMo in November, I also am taking a class at a local school, so there's really no time at all for me to sleep/eat/live during that month. Thus the anticipation of sickness in December. And I know from experience (I participated in NaNoWriMo last year) that I most definitely probably will be sick.
So there you have it. I randomly felt like updating, and I don't actually sound like some sort of crazy, insane person. I simply "sound". Maybe not even that much.
More -- whenever.
-James

2 Comments:
He he. This is so Jaimie it's almost not funny.
Since you don't post often, I'm just going to post here a 'Good job!' about NaNo this year. Well done! I thought you said you weren't going to do NaNo this year.... You snuck right in there and did it.
Post a Comment
<< Home