Slow recovery....
Hello to those who can read! If you cannot read, and you somehow made it here... well, on a technical default I could say whatever I wanted to you, couldn't I? But sometimes I am nice, and considerate, and not a complete jerk.
But you should also be remembering that small, tiny, almost unnoticable detail: "I--AM--A--WRITER!" We're really all evil, but some of us won't, can't, or chose not to admit the fact. It's really true though. What other creature than a writer in this law-literate (I really don't think that's even a word, but now it is!) world could get away with
murder,
treason,
larceny,
adultery,
cruel and unusual punishment,
wretched singing,
destruction of government property,
destruction of private property,
assisting the successful invasion of aliens on the planet,
bad examples of belly dancing,
violating driving laws,
opening a candy store with a nefarious scheme to rule the world with mind-controlling sugar particles,
shoving people down stairs,
using an android to slowly take over the telemarketing business,
creating cyborgs using the living flesh of a child,
and so much more...
And actually never even get out of their seat, or remove their eyes from the keyboard/typewriter.
If you don't have an idea or two for writing next year's NaNoWriMo novel, perhaps it is a good, wonderful idea to pick up a book or three...or perhaps check back on this blog next October! I'm sure if I ever remember to post, I'll have accidentally (yeah... accidentally) said something interesting. Why, I even am so positively sure I don't know what I'm writing next year, I may as well not tell you about my assuredly wonderful idea.
I told my friends what I was writing about in my NaNo this year. I even wrote about what I was writing about in a short-story to be published with my writer's club 3-year anthology thingy. Guess what? The only thing I did similar to my NaNo idea, was that in the story there was a mansion, and there was an ad in the newspaper. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's pretty different.
But Sags is fun! Oh, I forgot to tell you!
I AM A WINNER!
Yay! It's so cool. I kept thinking, "Oh, gosh, oh man, I'll never make it!" Then, like the dummy I am, I would spend time writing a fanfiction because Sags is a dork. Really, he is! He's... oh, how did I put it? "Sure, he wasn’t a real private investigator as much as he was a wanna-be, but he had references! Why, just last week he had a particularly difficult case. An old lady called him up because her cat had gone missing." So you see? That's straight from the first-ish page! You can't really get any more direct to the story than that.
And you want to know something more about him? "He had perfected everything in his life to date. Except the fact that he was living in a slightly beaten up apartment with his ex-girlfriend Kara and her new free-loading, college-student, vice-president of a major corporation boy toy… That was really a minor detail, Sags was sure." Idiot. I tell you.
This year, I have no clue why I chose NaNo season to do it, but Sags' story is actually the very first original piece that I've ever written with a male main character (and kept going past 3,000 words). I had one with a main character named Jesse Something-or-other... I alway have crazy names and never remember them. He was in high school (a complete, total loser-nerd...not just a loser, and not just a nerd, but both intertwined dangerously!), and he loved writing for the school newspaper. I think as I started, it was supposed to be some crazy thing where he sucked at writing for the newspaper, and no one would read his articles and he was on the verge of being kicked out of the club, and then someone in the school died so he wrote about it or something. It was absolutely crazy, and rather stupid... but I never got far on that one anyway. Someday I'll go back to it.
But NaNo was 90% with Sags as the main character. The last 10% was me going through (irritated with Sags doing NOTHING and crying about it - not me crying, but Sags! I'd never cry of course... Shifty eyes...) and inserting pieces and clips of his best friend Rei (not pronounced Ree, but Ray) throughout the story, switching to her instead of being with Sags. "Rei Cherrie had been at her desk for the past three minutes with nothing to do. She was terrible at patience or any related virtue. Boredom was something she never made a habit of practicing. With nothing to do for three whole minutes, or more accurately four now, she started thinking about things she could do later."
Rei is cooler than nice-guy, step-on-me Sags. She was raised by her parents' neighbors (Sags' mom & dad coincientally) when her parents decided to take off for France without her. She's a tomboy-type-girl. She managed to land an abusive boyfriend who slowly makes her lose her spunk and her will to remain the "toughest girl in town". Her mother and father come back for her. She finds out in a dramatic turn of events (cliche turn more like) that her mother actually had an affair with someone in Japan on the honeymoon, and that her father (who she never really met anyway) wasn't actually her father. Her mother want her to inherit the French restaurant she owns. Her mother is dying of a strange and mysteriously incurable cancer. Her father doesn't like her. Apparently she has a 20-year-younger brother named Jimmy, or Johnny, or some crazy name like that. She gets promoted to the Odd-Bobs section of the newspaper. Then, for good measure, I have a crazy guy break into her house and attack her with a sword, sending her to the hospital!
Whew! That was a lot. And then there appears to be some sort of plot in the story too. I donno, like, people mysteriously falling into a coma after they enter the Connor Mansion, and Sags having crazy dreams of Abi (who was literally my main character from last year's NaNo!) and some weird flying creature-who-looks-human. It's a simple story... Heheh......
Now I forgot what I was writing about as I started this whole spewing session. Oh hey! I can add images to this. Crazy! So let's do this again...
I AM A WINNER!
Doesn't that just have a lot more enthusiasm? I think it does.
Oh, now I remember what I was saying. I was talking about the writer's club I belong to. I really need to get to one of the meetings soon. But my Saturdays are so busy lately. I feel bad, because I can't go. November's over, so I really shouldn't have an excuse! But if I were given a few minutes, I'd think of a reason. Let's see... December 2nd I was recovering lost sleep from NaNo... In October I was not preparing for NaNo.................
Blah. Anyway, I think I've wrung this topic dry, and bore those who can actually sit through this to tears. If I ever remember you were here (once more assuming 'You' is reading this) again, I'll be sure to notify the authorities... I mean... post more.
But you should also be remembering that small, tiny, almost unnoticable detail: "I--AM--A--WRITER!" We're really all evil, but some of us won't, can't, or chose not to admit the fact. It's really true though. What other creature than a writer in this law-literate (I really don't think that's even a word, but now it is!) world could get away with
murder,
treason,
larceny,
adultery,
cruel and unusual punishment,
wretched singing,
destruction of government property,
destruction of private property,
assisting the successful invasion of aliens on the planet,
bad examples of belly dancing,
violating driving laws,
opening a candy store with a nefarious scheme to rule the world with mind-controlling sugar particles,
shoving people down stairs,
using an android to slowly take over the telemarketing business,
creating cyborgs using the living flesh of a child,
and so much more...
And actually never even get out of their seat, or remove their eyes from the keyboard/typewriter.
If you don't have an idea or two for writing next year's NaNoWriMo novel, perhaps it is a good, wonderful idea to pick up a book or three...or perhaps check back on this blog next October! I'm sure if I ever remember to post, I'll have accidentally (yeah... accidentally) said something interesting. Why, I even am so positively sure I don't know what I'm writing next year, I may as well not tell you about my assuredly wonderful idea.
I told my friends what I was writing about in my NaNo this year. I even wrote about what I was writing about in a short-story to be published with my writer's club 3-year anthology thingy. Guess what? The only thing I did similar to my NaNo idea, was that in the story there was a mansion, and there was an ad in the newspaper. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's pretty different.
But Sags is fun! Oh, I forgot to tell you!
I AM A WINNER!
Yay! It's so cool. I kept thinking, "Oh, gosh, oh man, I'll never make it!" Then, like the dummy I am, I would spend time writing a fanfiction because Sags is a dork. Really, he is! He's... oh, how did I put it? "Sure, he wasn’t a real private investigator as much as he was a wanna-be, but he had references! Why, just last week he had a particularly difficult case. An old lady called him up because her cat had gone missing." So you see? That's straight from the first-ish page! You can't really get any more direct to the story than that.
And you want to know something more about him? "He had perfected everything in his life to date. Except the fact that he was living in a slightly beaten up apartment with his ex-girlfriend Kara and her new free-loading, college-student, vice-president of a major corporation boy toy… That was really a minor detail, Sags was sure." Idiot. I tell you.
This year, I have no clue why I chose NaNo season to do it, but Sags' story is actually the very first original piece that I've ever written with a male main character (and kept going past 3,000 words). I had one with a main character named Jesse Something-or-other... I alway have crazy names and never remember them. He was in high school (a complete, total loser-nerd...not just a loser, and not just a nerd, but both intertwined dangerously!), and he loved writing for the school newspaper. I think as I started, it was supposed to be some crazy thing where he sucked at writing for the newspaper, and no one would read his articles and he was on the verge of being kicked out of the club, and then someone in the school died so he wrote about it or something. It was absolutely crazy, and rather stupid... but I never got far on that one anyway. Someday I'll go back to it.
But NaNo was 90% with Sags as the main character. The last 10% was me going through (irritated with Sags doing NOTHING and crying about it - not me crying, but Sags! I'd never cry of course... Shifty eyes...) and inserting pieces and clips of his best friend Rei (not pronounced Ree, but Ray) throughout the story, switching to her instead of being with Sags. "Rei Cherrie had been at her desk for the past three minutes with nothing to do. She was terrible at patience or any related virtue. Boredom was something she never made a habit of practicing. With nothing to do for three whole minutes, or more accurately four now, she started thinking about things she could do later."
Rei is cooler than nice-guy, step-on-me Sags. She was raised by her parents' neighbors (Sags' mom & dad coincientally) when her parents decided to take off for France without her. She's a tomboy-type-girl. She managed to land an abusive boyfriend who slowly makes her lose her spunk and her will to remain the "toughest girl in town". Her mother and father come back for her. She finds out in a dramatic turn of events (cliche turn more like) that her mother actually had an affair with someone in Japan on the honeymoon, and that her father (who she never really met anyway) wasn't actually her father. Her mother want her to inherit the French restaurant she owns. Her mother is dying of a strange and mysteriously incurable cancer. Her father doesn't like her. Apparently she has a 20-year-younger brother named Jimmy, or Johnny, or some crazy name like that. She gets promoted to the Odd-Bobs section of the newspaper. Then, for good measure, I have a crazy guy break into her house and attack her with a sword, sending her to the hospital!
Whew! That was a lot. And then there appears to be some sort of plot in the story too. I donno, like, people mysteriously falling into a coma after they enter the Connor Mansion, and Sags having crazy dreams of Abi (who was literally my main character from last year's NaNo!) and some weird flying creature-who-looks-human. It's a simple story... Heheh......
Now I forgot what I was writing about as I started this whole spewing session. Oh hey! I can add images to this. Crazy! So let's do this again...
I AM A WINNER! Doesn't that just have a lot more enthusiasm? I think it does.
Oh, now I remember what I was saying. I was talking about the writer's club I belong to. I really need to get to one of the meetings soon. But my Saturdays are so busy lately. I feel bad, because I can't go. November's over, so I really shouldn't have an excuse! But if I were given a few minutes, I'd think of a reason. Let's see... December 2nd I was recovering lost sleep from NaNo... In October I was not preparing for NaNo.................
Blah. Anyway, I think I've wrung this topic dry, and bore those who can actually sit through this to tears. If I ever remember you were here (once more assuming 'You' is reading this) again, I'll be sure to notify the authorities... I mean... post more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home